Dont know what to do????

dollyctimeforme
on 9/28/11 9:24 am
My name is Dolly I have been sleeved alittle over a year with the intentions of step 2 being the DS. My provider would only do it this way. At the time I had dual insurance mine and husbands, now husband retired due to med problems so leaving me with only my insurance.  Can I buy individual insurance with the motive to complete the step 2 or will they refuse insurance if i want insurance for that purpose can I don't ask don't tell. I live in calif west coast and i have read that Blue shield covers this surgery.  There are some very smart ones on this site I know can give me good advise. please any responses welcomed.  Sincerely  Dolly
mrsannie
on 9/28/11 9:00 pm
 I don't know if this helps but, I live in the northeast and have Blue Cross/Blue Shield and they covered my surgery 1st time as long as I met the requirements.  Actually I was a little low on the BMI side but I had multiple co-morbids.

Good luck!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
goodkel
on 9/28/11 9:16 pm
I'm no expert so hopefully one will come along, but I have read that private insurance won't cover WLS. Do you still qualify for it? BMI >40 or 35 with two comorbidities? if so, I would attempt to get approved through your insurance as a necessary revision.

Otherwise, you can always get a part time job at Starbuck's, Home Depot, or some other place that offers insurance that covers WLS for part time workers.

Best of luck to you!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Elizabeth N.
on 9/29/11 2:16 am - Burlington County, NJ
Sorry, I have no clue about the insurance stuff since I paid cash for mine. (Plus I have Tricare, so a lot of my other insurance stuff is different.) But I wanted to bump your post to the top of the pile :-).

What's your BMI? What does your current insurance plan say about WLS?